Zetuvit Plus Silicone Border
Estimating how the amount of of exudate in a wound will develop over time can be difficult. While moist wounds heal 2 to 3 times faster than dry wounds, skin maceration, prolonged wound healing times and pain are some of the factors that can result from inadequate exudate management.
Zetuvit Plus Silicone Border Dressings help in letting you take back control. Zetuvit Plus Silicone Border dressings can be used in both levels 2 and 3 of the WUWHS classification system(6). Using this dressing means you are prepared even if the amount of exudate increases.
Features of the Zetuvit Plus Silicone Border Dressing
- Backing film
- Transparent border
- Designed to keep the periwound skin area visible
- The border can be cut to size
- Designed to prevent exudate-related complications
Effective - it offers very good absorption and retention performance while maintaining an optimal microclimate (5,6). The Zetuvit Plus Silicone Border avoids leakage and prevents maceration (4, 5).
Versatile - simple to choose and simple to use. It is suitable for a wide range of acute and chronic exuding wounds and has a simple and intuitive application.
Patient-friendly – the silicone contact layer (7) ensures almost painless dressing changes. Comfortable padding protects against mechanical shocks due to unique combination of cellulose and SAP (10). No fear of odour and leakage (4,5,9).
Zetuvit Plus Silicone Border Application Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Zetuvit Plus Silicone?
The Zetuvit Plus Silicone dressing is the first siliconised superabsorber. It combines outstanding exudate management with simple and atraumatic wound care (1-5).
Is a Zetuvit Plus Silicone Border Dressing easy to apply?
A Zetuvit Plus Silicone Border Dressing is applied easily by:
- Wearing Gloves
- Transparent border can be cut
- Conforms to body contours
What are three benefits of Zetuvit Plus Silicone?
Three benefits of Zetuvit Plus Silicone are :
- Effective - Superior Absorption and Retention. Better than currently available super-absorbent foam dressings with respect to the absorption and retention of exudate; high performance capability under compression dressings.
- Versatile - Atraumatic dressing change and comfortable to wear (2, 3, 5). No additional wound contact layer necessary; very soft with a good padding effect.
- Patient Friendly - Initial adhesion for easier attachment of the wound dressing (2, 3, 5) Rated as excellent or good by 100% of the users in a field trial. (2,5).
What type of exuding wounds is Zetuvit Plus Silicone good for?
Zetuvit Plus Silicone offers excellent management of moderately to heavily exuding wounds.
References.  SMTL-Report-5423.  Evaluation of Zetuvit® Plus Silicone 21062017.  165745-0002 _CER_Zetuvit® Plus Silicone_ Comfort_NAMSA_Final_31JAN2017.  150924 bilan perf prod V3 Vf.  Data on File: A case study evaluation of Superabsorbent wound dressing Zetuvit® Plus Silicone, Dr. M.G. Rippon, S.  World Union of Wound Healing Societies (WUWHS) Consensus Document. Wound Exudate: effective assessment and management Wounds International, 2019.
Please enter your email address to subscribe to our newsletters.