Experience advanced wound care with Allevyn Life foam Dressings.
Allevyn Life Dressings are a protective, multi-layered dressing consisting of hydro-cellular foam, hyper absorbent core and silicone adhesive.
Allevyn Life dressings contain a masking layer to prevent visible strikethrough and enhance patient confidence. This layer also acts as a change indicator to reduce changes thereby optimising resources and reducing waste. 1
The hydro-cellular foam core locks away exudate under pressure and absorbs common odours from the wound.2
Allevyn Life Foam Dressings multi-layer designs provides cushioning against everyday trauma whereby pressure is dispersed across the dressing and away from the wound. This is especially important for wounds in highly mobile areas such as joints. 3,4
Allevyn Life Foam Dressings come in a range of shapes and sizes to suit different wounds and areas of the body
Allevyn Life Quadrilobe
A versatile, wide border design that moulds to contours of the human body. Showerproof and highly absorbent. 5,6
Allevyn Life Sacrum
Designed specifically to mould to the contours of the sacral area and the cleft. This dressing is also showerproof and overcomes problems such as tenting.
Allevyn Life Heel
Thanks to its unique design, Allevyn Life heel is the only dressing to mould to the malleolus without a secondary dressing.
Key Features and Benefits
Exudate Management and Comfort
EXULOCK Lock-In Technology allows the patient to experience high levels of comfort by effectively managing exudate.
Encourage Patient Self Care
Allevyn Life's change indicator feature empowers patients to take ownership of their wounds in a manageable way by facilitating fewer dressing changes.
Better manage budgets and resources
Allevyn Life Dressings can be worn twice as long as other dressings on the market, reducing the overall cost of dressings for your practice.
Allevyn Life Dressings are indicated for use on:
- Shallow granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full and partial thickness wounds e.g. pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites
- Skin tears
- Fungating ulcers
- Infected wounds where the wound is treated according to local clinical protocol
Reference Materials and Videos
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Smith & Nephew data on file report DS/12/129/DOF Simulated wound model testing of ALLEVYN Life and Mepilex Border.
2. Smith & Nephew data on file report DS/12/130/DOF Simulated wound model testing of ALLEVYN Life and Mepilex Border.
3.Smith & Nephew data on file report DS/12/185/DOF Impact protection properties of ALLEVYN Life, Mepilex Border and Biatain SiliconeTM.
4. OR-DOF/024 - An open, prospective, randomised, volunteer trial to assess ALLEVYN Life. dressings in terms of volunteer’s perception of protection.
5. Smith & Nephew data on file report OR-DOF 020 An open, prospective, randomised, comparative volunteer trial to compare the performance of silicone adhesive dressings. MepilexTM Border.
6. Smith & Nephew data on file report OR-DOF 041 An open, prospective, comparative volunteer trial to assess the retention qualities of ALLEVYN Life and BiatainTM Silicone.